We seek a creative, energetic, and dedicated individual who shares our passion for making tomorrow better by supporting success in school, and enriching children’s lives with our ‘whole child’ approach. Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life? This is an extraordinary opportunity to blend your professional skills, education and passion in a leadership position.
Overall Responsibilities include:
Creating, delivering and ensuring a safe, caring and academically and socially enriching program for preschool and/or school-age children, by directing and overseeing the administrative (including building, leading and nurturing a dynamic, cooperative and collaborative teaching team), educational and regulatory functions of CDSA’s high quality programs. Build and maintain a partnership with faculty of host Seattle Public School, including teachers, principals and parents.
Required skills and qualifications:
- REQUIRED: A current Child Development Associate certification (CDA) or a minimum of 45 college quarter credit hours in Early Childhood Development. BA in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- A minimum of three year’s experience working with school-age/pre-school children
- A minimum of one year’s demonstrated knowledge and competence in behavior management skills and activity planning/coordinating
- A minimum of three year’s supervisory experience including records maintenance, financial management, Staff/Child/Parent communication
- Strong leadership ability to manage and lead a dual program for pre-school and school age children
- Previous site management experience and ability to direct a large summer camp program
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate with children and adults in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to model and train staff in the creation of versatile and varied age appropriate activities for children of different ages and developmental stages.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test administered within one previous year from hire date.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- BBP / HIV / Aids certification
- Evidence of completion of a minimum of 20 hours of Basic STARS training as well as maintaining the required completion of the annual 10 hours of STARS training requirements.
- Commitment to continued professional development including administrative/supervisory/management classes and trainings as required by various regulatory agencies.
Desired but not required:
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Fluency in additional languages
- Previous experience with special needs or behavioral modification
We offer a competitive compensation program which includes Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, Short and Long Term Disability and Simple IRA benefits as well as 13 Paid Holidays and a paid leave time program. Salary consideration begins at $40,000 per year, depending on experience.
Community Day School Association’s before and after school, preschool, and summer camp programs are located within 9 Seattle Public School locations. Established in 1977, our private non-profit organization serves 800 children ages 3-12, with high quality enrichment learning, and nationally accredited preschools. The families we serve are 70% low income, and speak 14 languages. Our highly skilled and well trained teams of teachers, many of whom are bilingual, help children succeed in school and in life.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume with cover letter to: email@example.com for consideration.