We seek a creative, energetic, and dedicated individual who shares our passion for making tomorrow better by supporting success in school, and enriching children’s lives with our ‘whole child’ approach. Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life? This is an extraordinary opportunity to blend your professional skills, education and passion into making a difference.
We are specifically seeking candidates with experience/education in working with special needs children.
To act as lead teacher to provide a safe, caring and academically and socially enriching environment for school-age children ensuring the curriculum and activities are developmentally appropriate and meet all identified academic and development domains.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Supervise and manage groups of children.
- Engage children in enrichment activities.
- Lead school-age team in curriculum planning.
- Plan, prepare, implement and clean-up activities and projects.
- Build strong and nurturing relationship SPS staff, children and families.
- Represent CDSA in various public and regulatory meetings.
- Attend trainings on curriculum, instruction, etc.
- Conduct classroom observations.
- Meet with SPS teacher.
- Conduct Parent/Teacher conferences.
- Develop IEP or ILP.
- Track outcomes and indicators.
- Track/collect FERPA forms.
- Meet once per month with other ET’s to discuss plans, activities, trainings, etc.
- Attend and sometimes lead weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain safety of children
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of site
- Assist in positive behavior management techniques when required.
- Obtain required training and on-going professional development.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work and interact with children and parents.
- Curriculum building for age appropriate presentation structures.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Strong skills in age appropriate curriculum
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment on cross-functional teams with a wide range of personalities
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years education required. An AA in education or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in field required.
- Commitment to continued professional development including trainings as required by various regulatory agencies.
- A minimum of one year experience working with school-age with demonstrated knowledge and competence in:
- Behavior management skills
- Activity planning/coordinating
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Proven ability to communicate with children and adults in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to create versatile and varied age appropriate activities for children of different ages and developmental stages.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- BBP / HIV / Aids certification
- Evidence of completion of a minimum of 20 hours of Basic STARS training as well as completion of the annual 10 hours of STARS training requirements.
Desired but not required:
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- BA degree in Early Childhood Education
About Us: Community Day School Association’s before and after school, preschool, and summer camp programs are located within 9 Seattle Public School locations. Established in 1977, our private non-profit organization serves 800 children ages 3-12, with high quality enrichment learning, and nationally accredited preschools. The families we serve are 70% low income, and speak 14 languages. Our highly skilled and well trained teams of teachers, many of whom are bilingual, help children succeed in school and in life.
We offer a competitive total compensation program which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability and Simple IRA benefits as well as 13 paid Holidays and a paid leave time program.
Salary consideration begins at $13.00 per hour, depending on experience.